Monday, June 30, 2014

Master Bedroom - New Curtains

We are continuing to add decor to our master bedroom and focusing on budget friendly ways to add some personality to the stark room.  The master bedroom is a good sized room and although we've added some paintings to one wall and a sitting area (which I am also eager to update), the room still feels stark.  I think that adding curtains to a room is an easy way to immediately add character and warmth and also help the bedroom feel a lil' more complete.  Here is the room before our curtain add:  

We found low priced curtain rods for the bedroom at Big Lots.  I decided to keep with the cool & serene vibe we have going and picked a 96" length platinum curtain from Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

 I've read all kinds of tips and tricks to keep the ceiling from feeling low.  One of those tips was to hang the curtain rod higher than the window to draw the eye up.  We went about 13" above the window, allowing for the 96" curtains.  I think it definitely makes the room feel taller! 

I am a big fan of having the curtains "puddle" on the floor.  It adds a casual feel to the room. 

I am so happy that we got these up this week!  It doesn't feel so stark in the room now.


Next up we will hang some pictures above the bed! 


No comments:

Post a Comment