Monday, June 16, 2014

Summer Dining Room

Our dining room is one of my favorite spaces in the house.  We've added a lot of touches to this room and I love the furniture we have purchased but I have been feeling that the room is a little bland.  I think it is the lack of color in the room that has been throwing me off.  I naturally gravitate towards neutrals but we needed to bring this room some character!

I wanted to bring some color into the room but I couldn't go too drastic.  We found a patterned light aqua table runner at Crate & Barrel and thought it would be a nice layer to the dining table.  But I also wanted to add some accessories.  

The ceramic lantern's were a perfect match.  I think they were intended for outdoor use, at least that is how they are advertised in the catalog.  But I think they are a great addition to our table.  We also found those at Crate & Barrel (and were lucky to have them on our registry!).  

I still wanted some more depth to this tablescape so found these miniature vases to compliment the lanterns.

They are perfect for holding small buds from a bouquet or are window box! 

This look definitely helps bring some color into the room.  It's the perfect mix of neutral and color for me!  And I can't wait to use these miniature vases to hold flowers all summer long!


Similar to the master bedroom, we'll need to add curtains here too!  Look for an update in Summer Dining Room Part II.

No comments:

Post a Comment