Sunday, July 27, 2014

The Kitchen

The kitchen has become the heart of our home.  I was so excited about the island when we looked at this house and I'm so glad we have it!  We spend a lot of time hanging out in the kitchen and the island has become a dining room table, an office, and just a good place to catch up!

I like to keep a small tray on the island to catch some miscellaneous things.  It is also the perfect spot for a mason jar of flowers!  If I don't have any flowers I can cut from outside, I can just pick up a small bouqet at the grocery store.

I also keep a candle and hand lotion here for easy access!  Those sweet pandas were a gift from a very good friend, they a cute lil detail to add some character.  

Behind the sink, we have one of our engagement photos in a silver Vera Wang frame.  We also have a small collection of glass decanters.  We just got them and were lucky some friends came over for game night and decided to fill one of them.    

They are so pretty, I love the look of all that glass together!  


We also found a great wooden tray to keep them on! 

I like to keep the counters free of clutter but we of course need a coffee maker!  

These cream & sugar containers from Crate & Barrel are so adorable!  

On the counter closest to the mudroom, we have a small letter holder (to keep the clutter in piles:)) and a jar of puppy treats!

We went back and forth on choosing the cabinet and granite color, those samples are so small!  But I'm happy with the colors we chose, the dark cabinet looks very clean and the gray granite turned out beautiful!  I love how our kitchen has come together! 


Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Love, Love, Love! I am a huge fan of dark cabinets as well! I also love the simplistic counter top without all the clutter than can sometimes "just happen"! The personal touches of the pandas, flowers, and engagement photo is a plus and it makes a statement of the kitchen being the heart of your home. AND lets not forget the lovely BBW candle! Great job here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eboni! I definitely have to work on keeping the counters clutter free but love to keep the focus on the personal touches!

      Delete
  2. Very nice and elegant! I love incorporating the glass with the espresso cabinets, gray countertop and floor. It gives you kitchen a feel for the different textures which makes it so warm with those finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Warm is exactly what I was going for, so I appreciate that!

      Delete