Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Master Bedroom - new artwork!

A few months ago, (after we received that amazing West Elm headboard!) I shared our very simple master bedroom.  We had done nothing with the space since we moved in, although I have really wanted to decorate.  After-all, this is where we begin and end our day and where we go to rest and relax!

I decided this weekend that I need to go for it and just get some personality into the room.  As you may (or may not) know we have been on a budget and are very focused on saving up for the wedding so I had to get creative.  First, I took the massive mirror we purchased at Home Goods and moved it up into our room, we originally had this in the family room but replaced it with those antiqued maps.  We also have a chaise lounge chair in the corner of the room.  I decided to grab a green throw to add some texture and warmth in the corner.


 The painting beside the mirror is one I did last year.  I'm hesistant to hang anything over here yet because I'm hoping to get a nice big dresser on this side of the room.  

Next, I pulled out another set of paintings I did last year.  They were blue and Rob and I both really liked them so thought they'd be a good way to get some color into the room.


These are fairly small for the big wall  So I needed to get something else to hang with these paintings.  I had some canvas and paint at the house so thought I'd just paint something to match these guys.  While Rob watched college basketball I was holed up in the office painting:





I was playing around with the placement of all the paintings before committing to a location.  I actually ended up using the command strips to hang everything and was surprised at how well they hold!

I finally decided to have them hanging along the whole wall as you walk into our bedroom.


It is great to finally have some art in the room!  It is the perfect color and still keeps the light & relaxing feel we are aiming for!  I attached a few more overview shots of the room too.  


We still have a few more things to add, i.e. drapes, dresser, BIGGER nightstands, etc.  But I'm happy with the progress the room is taking.  It's not just a bed and TV in a room anymore, it is starting to feel more cozy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment