Thursday, March 20, 2014

Wedding Details!

I can't believe we are 67 days away from getting married!  The time is flying by and we need to focus on our wedding to-do list!  I am super anxious as always so I'm probably being a little critical - when I look at the actual checklist, we're staying on track to the timeline.  Some fun things we've accomplished so far...

Invites went out!  We worked with a family friend who has an amazing stationary shop called Invite More Designs.  She made us custom invites and was able to incorporate our sweet pup Fudge into the RSVP. 

We also had our tasting this week and got to try all the yummy food we'll be eating at the wedding!  Although, I've heard as the bride & groom you don't have time to eat during reception!  There were so many different options of things to try it was overwhelming.  Hopefully we made some good choices!

We are also excited that we've started to receive wedding gifts!  I hope that doesn't sound tacky - but seriously, pretty fun to get our first few gifts this week:)  I was talking to a friend who mentioned that we should have waited until after the wedding to open any gifts.  Whoops!  We definitely didn't realize there were rules to when we opened the gifts.  I looked up some wedding etiquette and have seen all kinds of different opinions on this, what do you guys think?  Bad form?  I'm wondering now if we should hold off on opening anything before the wedding - but then thank you notes wouldn't get out to people for months.  Either way, I wanted to throw out there that we are very thankful for all the love and support from our friends and family!  


I cannot wait to get our invite and a wedding picture into that beautiful frame!

Next on the list is finalizing our ceremony readings.  We have been looking through a few samples but I want to make sure the readings represent us as a couple.  I don't think we meet for another month to make final choices but seems like such a big part of the wedding ceremony so its been on my brain!  Outside of that we need to go through details like the program, seating cards...the list goes on!  We'll get there slowly but surely!  In the meantime, I'm trying to relax and not get to anxious about everything!




No comments:

Post a Comment