Thursday, October 24, 2013

Framed Canvas Paintings

While we eagerly await for our new house to finish, I've been daydreaming of how we will decorate and pull everything together.  Rob has been daydreaming about the basement/man cave.  We've agreed that he will have free reign of the basement...and I get the lead the ideas for the rest of the house:)  I've looked through a ton of design magazines, blogs, Pinterest and had found a few paintings that I thought would look great in our new place but the price point turned me away.  Let me rephrase that, I showed Rob the paintings I liked and he said, "we're not paying for something you could paint."  So, I was inspired me to get creative...and thrifty!  I had some canvases and acrylic paint laying around and knew that I wanted to use some blue tones.  Here's what I came up with:

Here's the first, I like the lighter color and think it almost looks like an ikat pattern. 

I also did one in a darker blue, Rob likes this one best. 

We had two prints from Ikea in these silver frames before, so I just popped them out and replaced them with the paintings.  Here's a view of the whole wall.

I got the peacock from Home Goods last year.  I remember when I purchased it because Rob and I had just moved in together and I was so excited to get things up on the wall.  Rob was actually working in Korea when I found it and I LOVED this peacock painting.  I sent him a picture of my find and he responded..."oh are we hanging that in a bathroom somewhere?" Obviously, he was thrilled when he came home to find it up front and center. 

Well, that's my first attempt.  It suits us.  My 2nd attempt will be on a larger canvas...and maybe hang in the family room at our new place!

No comments:

Post a Comment