Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Week / Weekend Photo Recap

Ahhhh!  Last week got away from us and we didn't get a chance to post any updates!  So while I would have done just a weekend recap, I thought I'd throw in what went down last week!  I slowly recovered from that cold / sinus infection / nastiness but passed it along to Rob :(  Poor Rob had to deal with that grossness AND deal with me freaking out about the house.  We realized that we are 10 weeks into a 13 week process and nowhere near being done!  We emailed our PM on Tuesday to see what would happen through the week and got nothing.  On Thursday, we decided to just drive out to the house mid day to see if anything had been touched - nope!  We were not happy campers as we walked through our house.  Luckily, our PM was at the sales office and was (of course) apologetic about the progress and lack of response.  He is confident that electric will be complete this week...so we'll get electric done and have our drywall meeting.  With that, Ryan Homes has said that our project manager will have whatever resources he needs to complete the houses that are behind by the end of the year.  The best part = he told us to go ahead an put in our 60 day notice at the apartment!!  While we would have been upset it they just said electric was happening (we've heard that before), we definitely felt better after our PM gave us the green light to do our 60 day notice!  That was a pretty exciting end to the week!

We were going into a pretty packed weekend.  To prep for it, we had some R&R on Friday night.  We stayed in from the cold and I made Rob some tea so his throat would feel better.  Can't beat couch time with Rob and Fudge!

We had made plans to go tailgating on Saturday with some friends months ago!  The weather did not hold up though and we decided that we could watch football and stay warm at this new bowling alley we heard about.  This place was awesome!  Huge screens, leather seating, waitresses for your lanes, and good food!  Way better than the other bowling alleys we've been to! 

Rob was a trooper too!

And then we capped the weekend off with birthday dinner at Marcella's with my parents.  Marcella's is an amazing Italian restaurant in Columbus and one of my favorites!  My official birthday was actually yesterday but we took the weekend to celebrate.  Yep, I'm now 31...
Don't worry, Rob has reminded me that I'm a cougar because I'm 31 and he's 30. 

And for dessert, Rob went and got me some Kittie's cupcakes!  I have developed a slight obsession with these cupcakes.  They are sooo good!!  And luckily Rob supports my habit.  He drove all the way across town to get banana creme and chocolate "chip" cupcakes (the chocolate chip is cake actually made with potato chips and covered in chocolate icing!).
 
And lastly, Rob spoiled me some more yesterday with some gifts and Korean bbq! 

I'm a lucky girl ;)

A long recap this week!  We have definitely been busy but with some fun and exciting stuff.  We'll have this weekend to relax a little more and check out the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment