Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pre Drywall Meeting Scheduled!

Still seeing some delays but we are set for our pre drywall meeting on Monday.  We were originally scheduled for this Friday but the PM felt it would be better to push to next week.  I feel like we never have a for sure date with our PM.  Every time he gives us a deadline, it pushes.  I appreciate that he is trying to keep us happy but I'd rather he just told us realistic dates.  NVR, the mortgage company that works with our home builder, seems to follow that trend too.  Our loan originator pushes us for what he needs and when we reach out and ask for something, we never hear back!  We had sent him and email to let him know that we would like to start looking at mortgage rates and lock in if the rates get low enough.  We were told we'd get them that day...a week later we had to call back and remind them to send the rates to us.  Not to mention they felt it necessary to pull our credit 2 times since our first meeting!  When we called them out on it, they tried to argue the reasons to keep pulling our credit and said they would pull it an additional 2 times before the closing!!  Unnecessary!!  I could go on and on about them.  I would not recommend them to anyone building with Ryan Homes!  Luckily, we are meeting with another mortgage company next week!  AND I'm happy that we our at least going into our pre drywall meeting next week too.  If we actually stay on track for the estimated 45 days - we will be in our house the week before Christmas.

I've seen some other Ryan homes bloggers who have had 55+ days in between drywall and closing and seen others who had the whole houses completed in 70 days.  Obviously, I am banking on this being done in 45 days - which I probably shouldn't get my hopes up on but I am so anxious about this process right now.  The uncertainty is driving me nuts!  I always like to have things planned out and we have no control over the house getting built.  If the electricians don't show up, what can I do about it?  a whole lot of nothing.  I guess this is a good life lesson for me and I need to relax!  In the mean time, keep your fingers crossed for us!  

No comments:

Post a Comment