Thursday, November 27, 2014

Basement Bar and Mancave

A few months ago, we previewed the work Rob had done on his basement bar.  I'm so excited to share the completed product!  He has done a great job turning the basement into his dream man cave and turned a pile of 2x4 boards into a beautiful bar.  We still plan to add a back bar (already started) and a wood plank wall (which will cover those pesky TV wires).  Check out his hard work below!


I love the color Rob chose to stain the the bar tops and brackets.  He also added trim to complete the look.



I love the contrast of the dark bar top with the stone.  In the back he built drawers and cabinets into the bar!  I'm so impressed by his craftsmanship! 


He even made one of the cabinet spaces into a drawer for a trashcan:)

Of course, we had to get some things on the wall.  Rob is a huge fan of Huey Lewis and has an autographed cassette tape that we framed.

It fits perfectly by the stairwell.  Rob has had the Coca-Cola mirror sitting in storage since I've known him, it was a great addition to this wall!

Our basement is also decked out with anything related to the Florida Gators, including this cooler!

Last year, I found a Calendar that had photos of Vintage Florida Gator Football Programs.  We took the photos we liked and put them into matted frames for some more wall decor.




I love the retro look of the programs!

At first I was hesitant about adding this bar area to the basement.  I felt the same way about the projector screen but I'm happy to say that we have had a lot of use out of these spaces!  They are great for entertaining!  

No comments:

Post a Comment