Sunday, November 9, 2014

Formal Living Room

We have been in the house now for 10 months with a lonely looking formal living room.  Literally - lonely and completely empty.  We have been blessed to have furniture that we love throughout the house but our formal living room held nothing.  This is the first room people see when they walk through the house and it should welcome guests into our home.  However, most people thought we had not moved in yet!  Luckily, we had a recent furniture delivery.  The room is starting to fill up and I could not be more excited to share it!   

We went with a love-seat and two accent chairs for the room.  Most of our furniture is neutral and we decided to add some pop to the room with the chairs!  I second guessed the chair pattern (as I obviously love gray and beige everything) and almost called to change the order.  Rob talked me into committing to the pattern and I love it!


Here is a close up of the love seat - and I love the pin-tuck detailing :)


Fudge wanted in on the action. 

The chairs back up to our entryway.  We recently added that mirror and will want to add a small table soon.  

The texture is awesome too!

Now that we have furniture here I am feeling a little more complete.  But of course, I want to keep adding and we'll get there.  Placement of our furniture helps us in figuring out what else we will put in the room.  For now, I like to sit up here in the morning, enjoy a cup of coffee, and admire our new furniture!  

Tell me what you think - did I make the right choice with keeping the pattern on the chairs?


No comments:

Post a Comment