Sunday, April 27, 2014

DIY Moss Monogram Wreath

Spring has sprung!  And our house front was in desperate need of some color, especially since we don't have any grass or landscaping yet!  A wreath seemed to be an easy solution.  I have seen some beautiful wreaths around our neighborhood and figured we needed to jump on the bandwagon and get one too.  But everywhere we looked, the wreaths were either super expensive or just not that cute.  So, I thought I'd take a crack at it myself. 

When looking up ideas on Pinterest, I came across a lot of Moss Monogram Wreaths.  I went to Michaels and found a Wooden Letter (a 'D' for Di Leo!), Sheets of Moss, and some Burlap.
                                    
I started by painting the letter with green acrylic paint.  Once that dried, I wrapped the moss around the letter and used a hot glue gun to keep it in place - It was extremely messy!  I had planned to use the burlap for a bow but had trouble tying one, so just used the glue gun to attach it to the letter.  



We finally have some outdoor decor!  The next project will be tackling the window box we have and getting grass will help the curb appeal of the house!  At least they started pouring our driveway so its not a big mud/rock pile in front of the house.  Of course, its only halfway done. 


It is slowly coming together but I can't wait to get some flowers going in the front and a patio in the back!  We may need to get a pretty planter to add to the front stoop too!  We went to get a few things to help with the window box at Lowe's this weekend and once it has been consistently warm for a week will begin planting some flowers!  Any suggestions on plants that are easy upkeep?  This will be my first attempt at gardening and I'm unsure of what to get! 


No comments:

Post a Comment