Sunday, April 6, 2014

DIY Welcome Bags & Gift Bags

The wedding is 49 days away and as we prep for the big day, I've been experimenting with some DIY crafts!  Well the first project this weekend was more DIY than the second but I'll be sharing both accomplishments this weekend because I think they are so cute! 

First, Rob and I have been playing around with having 'Welcome Bag' for the wedding.  We feel like this is a nice to have for any of our out of town wedding guests as they arrive into Columbus.  I love the idea of using a canvas tote since they can be used for multiple things after the wedding.  I headed to JoAnn Fabrics and found all different styles of totes but decided on a plain white canvas shopper that was 13.5" x 13.5".  I also found a cute chevron patterned iron on sheet (I only got one sheet since I wanted to experiment before committing).

The next steps were pretty easy!  I cut out a solid heart and outline of a heart from the sheet.  With the remaining scraps, I cut out smaller hearts to place around the bigger heart (That's a lot of hearts!).  I turned the iron to high, placed the hearts where I wanted them on the bag and placed the iron on top for 20 seconds.  I let the design cool for a few seconds and peeled off the top paper.  Easy! 


If the iron on doesn't stick, you place the iron back on for another 15 seconds.  I made the mistake of letting the iron sit a little too long on one of the bags and left a bit of a yellow burn mark - oops!  I also recommend letting the iron on cool only for a few seconds before removing the top paper.  I left one on for a few minutes and it was really difficult to peel off - I was scraping it off!
DIY welcome bags

DIY welcome bags

How cute!  and so easy to make!  Now I want to make one to keep too!  Anyways :) we may use these for the wedding - but since some of our readers will be at the wedding I'm not going to spill any more details on what will be inside!

Same goes for these lil gift bags I have for my bridesmaids!  I found these cute polka dot gift bags at Target this weekend and had to get them!

Gift bags

To keep the bags girly, I pulled out the pink sharpie and wrote their names in the right corner of the bag. 
Gift bags

Not really a DIY but these bags are just adorable!  I hope the girls like whats inside too!  I'll share details on that AFTER they actually get the gifts :)
Gift bags

Gift bags

So much fun - you know I love to get crafty and I love getting these things accomplished!  We have a lot of small details left to the wedding planning and I know these 49 days are going to continue to fly by!  I'm trying to balance the wedding and the house - so we'll have some updates on both continuing to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment