Sunday, August 24, 2014

Dining Room - New Curtains

The dining room is one of my favorite rooms in the house and I didn't realize how much time I would spend there.  I like to sit at the dining room table on the weekends, starting my mornings with a cup of coffee, relaxing, and enjoying the view.  One thing I felt the room was missing was window treatments and I couldn't wait to find curtains for the room.  In previous posts, I mentioned that I have been trying to continue to add color to the room; but committing to a blue or green curtain seemed daunting to me.  It is always easier to change accessories than curtains, right?  So I decided to keep it neutral but add some interest with a pattern. 

As we have done with the other curtains throughout the house, we went for a 96" length to elongate the windows.  We used curtain hooks so that the curtains would puddle on the floors.


Fudge wanted to get in a shot too.

Adding curtains helped this room feel complete.  The neutral color and pattern is a perfect compliment to the other accessories in the room. 

I think it also adds a light touch and keeps with the casual feeling we have tried to create with the mismatched seating.


This has become my favorite seat in the house and where I like to sit and enjoy my coffee.

The nailhead detailing is my favorite! 

We found those glass domes at Target, I love that I have the option to change out the details during different seasons.  I can't wait for the holidays to get some festive trinkets in them! 



I finally feel at peace with this room.  But I know once the seasons change, I'll want to change it up!  Halloween is right around the corner so the aqua runner and table top might need to put in storage - but I love it for now!

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. It's good to know that you decided to go for new curtains, Leanne. Now that you decorated the windows with new curtains, you can definitely enjoy your morning coffee much better. You have such lovely taste in furniture too. Love how the new curtains compliment the dining area so well. Kudos to you for such a great job! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Shirley Todd @ Arjay’s Window Fashions

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely new set of curtains! Every room needs beautiful window treatments, and keeping the colors neutral with a stunning pattern is actually a better way to keep it simple and bright. You did a great job on that, Leanne! Thanks for sharing that! Kudos and all the best to you!

    Steve Walton @ Blinds Shop Online

    ReplyDelete