Monday, February 10, 2014

Master Bedroom

After several weeks of waiting, we have finally put together our bedroom!  Well the bed in the room, the rest of it is pretty bare right now.  I got this amazing headboard from West Elm during a holiday sale and it is perfect!  However, we wanted to save some money with the rest of the bed.  We found a sturdy looking king size frame from Target (always a risk buying things before seeing them) and it is so tall!  Which I guess makes the bed look much bigger.  I also got a bed skirt, for some reason I thought the skirt would cover the frame and the box spring but it only covers the frame so I also need to get a cover for the box spring.  Rob thought it covered both too, when I came home from errands, he had the bed all set up with the skirt on top of the box spring, so it covered the box spring but none of the frame.  Sweet sweet Rob :) 

Sorry!  The pictures are a little dark...




We also put our chaise lounge in the room, it looks miniature beside the bed.  

We also have the TV on top of a small 3 drawer dresser.  The rest of the clothes are in the closet and boxes.  I'm not sure how we stored all of the clothes in our old apartment, but we'll need to work on getting some more bedroom furniture. I'm not going to complain because I LOVE all the space in our closet! 

I even have a little space for my accessories...this is my grandma's old desk and it fits perfect!  I have a little fashion inspiration board thrown up there too :)

I'm waiting to put some things on the wall.  I don't know where we would put our future furniture but want to have some idea before we put any pictures up!  I might try and paint something to put in here too...more on that later.  I think adding some window treatments would also help cozy it up!  Any suggestions on where to buy some decent priced / decent quality curtains? 



No comments:

Post a Comment